How Does Stress Affect You

How Does Stress Affect You

Common responses to stress are listed below. Think about how stress affects you.

Aches and Pains*
Headache
Backache
Neck ache
Stomach ache
Tight muscles
Clenched jaw

Energy Level and Sleep*
Feeling tired without a good reason
Trouble sleeping

Feelings
Anxiety
Anger
Depression
Helplessness
Out of control
Tense

Other Emotional Signs
Easily irritated
Impatient
Forgetful

*Some physical signs of stress may be caused by your medical condition or by medicines you take. If you aren't sure what's causing your physical symptoms, ask your doctor if stress might be the cause.

How Do You Respond?

When you are under stress, do any of these behaviors apply to you?
I eat to calm down.
I speak and eat very fast.
I drink alcohol or smoke to calm down.
I rush around but do not get much done.
I work too much.
I delay doing the things I need to do.
I sleep too little, too much or both.
I slow down.
I try to do too many things at once.

Engaging in even one of these behaviors may mean that you are not dealing with stress as well as you could.


Niciun comentariu:

Formular de contact

Nume

E-mail *

Mesaj *